From Allods Wiki
An essential part of playing Allods Online is chatting with other players. You can type a message by pressing “ENTER”, typing your message, and pressing “ENTER” another time. All messages will appear in the chat window which is located in the bottom left-hand corner of the interface.
You can customize the appearance of your chat window by clicking the exclamation point in the bottom left-hand corner of the window. In this menu you may change the font type, font size, lock or unlock the window, minimize the window, or clear all messages in the window.
If you chose to unlock your chat window, you may position it anywhere around the interface by clicking on the black box in the top right-hand corner and dragging it to the desired location. You can also change the size of your window by clicking on and dragging the yellow triangle in bottom right-hand corner.
For further customization, you can right-click the General tab in the chat window to bring up a menu that will allow you to choose which chat channels appear in the chat window. You can also change what color the text in each channel is displayed in.
There are many different chat channels that can be used in Allods Online. Below is a list of the different channels, their functions, and the default color they appear in:
- /say - This channel displays messages in a limited range around - your character.
- /zone - This channel displays messages that are visible to any player in your zone.
- /whisper - This is a private channel that only displays messages between you and another player.
- /party - This channel displays messages to only members of your party.
- /raid - This channel displays messages to only members of your raid.
- /guild - This channel displays messages to only members of your guild.
- /officer - This channel displays messages that can only be seen by officers in your guild. It can only be accessed if you are an officer in your guild.
- /shout - This channel displays messages that are visible to any player in your zone, and is in a different color than regular zone messages. It can only be accessed through the use of a Megaphone.
- /world - This channel displays messages that are visible to every player of your faction. It can only be accessed through the use of an Astral Megaphone.
- /telepathy - This channel displays messages that only other psionicists can read. It can only be accessed if you are a psionicist.
There are also some handy commands that you can use by entering them into chat called slash commands. Some of the commands are called emotes and they can make your character do fun or interesting things! Some emotes include /scare, /cry, /kiss, /taunt, and, of course, /dance. Other slash commands can perform useful functions such as /trade which allows you to trade with another player, or /invite which invites another player to your group.